Monday, June 7, 2010

family home stay tour

June 7,2010




We went to the Mekong Delta River yesterday. We stayed with a family that lives in a village near the river. It is called a home stay. The family that we stayed at had a little girl that I could play with. It was a cool and weird experience. The bathroom was a shack and I had to go to the washroom on the floor. Beside where I went to the washroom there was a big bucket that had a bowl in it and I had to wash the floor with the water in the bucket. I didn’t like that.



The family had lots of dogs with 6 little puppies that were really small. They had 4 people in the family. A dad, mom, son and daughter. They also had chickens, ducks and pigs too. The chickens lived inside and outside the house.

After the home stay we went to the floating markets. That was the main thing on my list but it was a big letdown because it was not what I was expecting it to be. I expected it to be more than just a few boats selling things. I thought we could buy stuff from them but we couldn’t. It was more for local people.





We got to the tour by buses and motorcycles. It was very fun to ride on the motorcycle and a cool experience.

6 comments:

  1. probably an experience you will never forget,
    was the food good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miranda what an experience for you to have and I'm so glad you had so many positive experiences to. And it looks like if you learned how to do some cooking to. Love your pictures grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi MiRANDA I'M GLAD YOUR HAVING A GOOD TIME.

    FROM JURAN

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did the chickens bother you at night? The bathroom- we decided that is not for us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, sounds great! Is the food good? I cannot wait till you all come home! 3 Weeks! Keep having fun!
    ~Chellers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Miranda - I like your hat...it suits you just right! I really liked the red sand...walking with the cows freaks me out a bit though! Thanks for all the great pictures & your blogging. Keep having fun...we're missing you.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete