Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mui Ne, Vietnam



Today we went on a tour to the sand dunes. To get there we had to ride a jeep. The jeep had no windows or doors. our first stop was fairy falls, it was a little river with sand dunes on one side and fields on the other. The sand at fairy falls was white, orange and red. At the end of the river was a water fall. when we got back to the jeep we went to the dunes. The sand in the dunes stuck to me like glue. In the dunes we went sand sledding down a steep sand dune. We didn’t go much faster than a person walking. At the bottom of the sand dune was a lake with two horses in it. On the way back from the white sand dunes we saw some orange ones. When we got back me and my family got massages. The massages were very good. I feel so relaxed!




There were cows in the river too
The sand was very red in some places and white in other places
Here is the waterfall we walked to
This is a rice paddy
whoo hoo....

Sand sledding is fun but you don't go as fast as in snow. I like snow better. The hill has to be very steep for it to work and then you have to climb back up and it is so hot.

7 comments:

  1. Grandpa wants to know if those are watermelons in the boat..How was your sleep on the homestay?
    Love Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning how are you this morning I hope you had a good sleep. Looks like if you had a wonderful time by the sand dunes. That's quite a big old how by the river weren't you scared of it. You'll have to let us know how things went at that homestay. It looks like that young girl and you are having a good time. I love the pictures keep putting them in I miss you very much love grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the watermellons are really good. We have 2 in the fridge we will eat tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!! Did you slide into the water? How hot is it? How long did it take you to get down?
    Tomorrow we have "Smoothie Day" - are you jealous?LOL They are very cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear class,
    I didn't slide into the water. It took way longer to get down than if I was on snow. The sand grabs the sled. It is very hot. I sweat all day long. It is nice to be in the pool.
    I am VERY jealous that I am missing smoothie day. Save some for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks really fun and hot! I'm jealous of your tans, its just been raining out here. :(
    Can't wait till you get back Mermy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool i wish i was with you!
    i miss you so much . i hope you have a good day lol

    love,
    brittany

    ReplyDelete