Friday, May 14, 2010

Dunk island

May 14, 2010




Yesterday we went to Dunk island. Dunk island is a island East of where we are in Mission bay. We spent the whole day there on the beach. We went for a hike to coconut beach. While we were there Colton made a hut out of coconut leaves and I did my mom’s feet with sea coral and sponges. We also went to a different beach and went to a resort on the island and I got to swim in their pool. It was so nice and hot I got a good tan.



Today my brother and my dad went fishing and brought home 2 fish for supper. Me and my mom went for a 2 hour hike along the beach and the rain forest. We saw lots of wallabees along the way to the beach. When we walked along the beach we found a little hut that someone made with a chair beside it. So we played there for a while.



We have seen lots of animals on our trip so far. Here is a list of them.



ANIMALS WE HAVE SEEN



Sea turtles

Cassowaries

Emu

Kangaroo

Wallabies

Walleroo

Lorikeets

Silver crested cockatoos

Pink and green parrots

Osprey

Ibis

Kookaburra

Green sea turtle

Possum

Morpho butterfly

Lizards

Cane toads

White lipped green tree frog

Red deer

Koala

Mongoose

4 comments:

  1. We have a bike rodeo today at school instead of riding horses. It is very sunny finally!!! That is quite a long list of animals you have seen. It is Mrs. Neufeld's birthday today. How many friends have you met? How old was the thoroughbred?
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm jealous!! I really need a pedicure! We are finally having a great sunny day today too.I mowed the grass and worked outside all afternoon.
    It must have been a great surprise for you to be able to go horse riding in Australia!!
    Love Grandma & Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, I wish i was with you on that thoroughbred!!!
    so what did you do today?

    its almost my birthday!!!!! remember you said you would get me somethin from your trip;}

    well g2g i miss you so much bye bye!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Mrs. Neulefd! I don't know how old the horse is. They didn't tell me.
    I have made 7 friends so far. I have their addresses so I can write them.

    ReplyDelete