Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Great Barrier Reef

I finally made it to the Great Barrier Reef!!! I was very very good coral and fish. We went on a very big boat with a net we could sit in on the front of the boat and a sail. I got to sail the boat by myself for a while. I saw lots of different kinds of fish and coral. Some of the kinds we saw are...

FISH




Green turtle

Blue angel fish

Blue line surgen

Long fin batfish

Spotted unicorn fish

Potae cod

White tip reef shark

blue potted lagoon ray

Red bass snapper

Seal faced puffer

Yellow box fish

Bullethead parot fish

Trigger fish

Yellow tailed fusiler

Sixbar wrasse

Clown anenome fish

Napoleon Maori wrasse

Chocolate dipped damsel

Star fish

Moon wrasse

Bridled parrotfish

Picasso triggerfish

Spotted baxfish

Oranglined triggerfish

Humbug damsel

blue green damsel

Jewel damsel

Needle fish

Sacoglassa

Giant clams

Sea squirts

Sea hair

Spangled emporor

coral trout



CORAL



Brain

Needle

Staghorn

Luner

Boring clam

Christmas tree worm

mushroom

Basket

Slipper sea fan

Table coral

Plate coral

Elephant ear coral

Fire coral

Chimney coral

Sponge coral

Vase coral

Pavement coral

My favorite 2 fish were the turtle and the white tipped reef shark. The turtle was very big. I almost touched it. I was an inch away. The sharks were 6 feet long. As long as my dad.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting names of fish and coral. We had a good laugh. What was your favorite coral? Do you have an underwater camera that you can take pictures of everything you see? You go to the Great Barrier Reef- we are going to Lower Fort Garry on Friday(Brittany's birthday).
    Thanks for writing - we sure like it and your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite coral was not acually coral but it was in with the coral. They were the giant clams. They look kinda like coral though. We don't have an underwater camera. I wish we did so we could take pictures of everything. I wish I was going to be able to be at Brittany's birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete