Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Malaysia travel





Yesterday we went on a over night train from Singapore to Malaysia It was the kind of train that has has bunk beds so we could sleep. But it was the coldest train I have ever bin in.


Sooo I could not sleep because I only had 1 very thin blanket. We also had to take a boat ride to get to an island where we are staying.

Once we got to the Perhentian islands we found

a hotel. Then we went on the beach. The ocean water is like a hot tub.

I went in the water to cool of but the water was almost the same temp as

The air if not hotter. So we spent the whole rest of the day sitting in the water in the South China Sea. That’s what this ocean is called here.



Today we walked over to the other side of the island to a different beach. We only had to walk 10 minutes across the jungle. We met some friends from Calcutta, India. We rented a boat with them to go snorkelling at 2 private beaches. I saw lots of different kinds of fish and one eel. The sand here is white. The coral is a little bleached out by the hot sun and water. We all got lots of sun today. My back is a little pink. I had so much fun with my new friend Salome.



4 comments:

  1. We wish we could go swimming in the hot water. It sounds very fun!!! How hot is it during the day? Is it fun snorkelling? Where did you get to know Salome? Why was the train so cold? How long were you on the train? Did you sleep a little bit?
    We have our Altona Safety Day on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that water temperature sounds like I would really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks way fun!

    Hugs from the desert,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miranda, you look (no offense) kinda like a giraffe in the first picture! LOL Just Kidding! Wow, i want some warm water right now! bring me some! (:
    oh, one of the pictures of you on one of your blogs is really cool so i edited it and now it looks AWSOME! You have to see it! Skype me! oh and we have been taking SO many pictures on your lap top! so funny! we'll show you soon!
    Lots of love :)
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete