Monday, April 19, 2010

different kinds of water

It was very cool to find a little hot springs. We got to go in it for free. When we got to the hot springs I was surprised how warm it was. There was a little waterfall in the spring so it was flowing water. I found some volcanic mud that was the same mud from the spa. My mom and dad put the mud all over their bodies. It was very funny.
We went to a beach. It was very sandy, on one side was the ocean and the other side was a mountain. When we were there we found lots of sea shells. We even found one with an animal still inside. We also saw what we thought were dead baby sharks. But they are called rigs and are not babies. We also saw orange rubbery things that were dead washed up coral.

It is cool to walk to the ocean with my dad. He knows everything.
I found a little hut made out of drift wood. It was a cool little house.

Now we are on the South island. We flew over last night. We will drive around for the next few days seeing lots of cool stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Miranda
    that must've been an awful lot of fun in the mud wish I could've seen you all like that. What were the shells you found on the beach I hope you bring one or two home. I love reading your blog so you just keep writing I don't miss you quite as much then. You're all wearing jackets in one picture I guess it's probably warmer here than it is out there. Well you keep having fun keep writing miss you all very much love grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. We wish we could be there and see all this stuff. Have you seen a shark or whale in the ocean? Did you find any mussels? Have you eaten any seafood? Sounds like you're having lots of fun!!! Where did you find that hot spring and the mud?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear class
    We have not seen any sharks or whales yet. Maybe we will in Australia. We did find some mussles though. We had fish on the airplane to Australia. I didn't really like it. My dad bought some shrimp from the store that we fried up. We found the mud and hot springs when we drove out of the stinky town of Rotorua in NZ. I was very fun putting the mud all over ourselves.

    ReplyDelete