Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Auckland, New Zealand

April 13, 2010




We have been in N.Z. for 3 days now. We crossed over the international date line and now we are a day ahead of everyone in Altona!!



It has not been very warm here. It is the same as back home. About 20 degrees in the afternoon and 10 degrees in the morning. We are in Auckland city right now and we are leaving to a town called Rotorua tomorrow afternoon. They have thermal hot springs there. So far we have only been in the city and so we have not seen any animals or gone swimming. But it is to cold to swim because it is fall here. Soon it will be winter but they don’t get snow in Auckland like in Altona. The trees stay green. I don’t think there are any snakes in N.Z. so we don’t have to worry. Today when we went for a walk there was a mouse that almost ran up my moms leg while we where on the sidewalk. She screamed. It was funny.

We went for a long walk to see a vineyard. They had just finished picking all the grapes to make wine. We got to go through the rows of vines and pick all of the leftover grapes from on the bushes. They were so good. My stomic hurt because I ate so many. My hands where all sticky.



We are staying with a family in Auckland who have 3 boys. They are really fun. They have 2 cats and 2 rabbits. They also have a girl who boards with them. She is fun.



It might take me a while to write again because we are going to be leaving here and we don’t know when we will have internet again. I miss you all and all my friends. But I am not ready to come home yet.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Miranda Hope you're having a wonderful time I love your blog just keep writing. Your doing a wonderful job I miss you all very much you take care have a wonderful time by for now grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey miranda i miss you so much i hope you come back soon. by theway ths is brittany!

    guess what happend today tyler likes likes me!!!!!!!!!!!! i wish it was you but your not hear in Altona so sorry.

    i mss yo soooooooooooooooo much!! p.s. thanx for the letter keep sending them lol lol i miss you s much and on the letter yo spel my name roung it is brittany p.s. marina says hey what up ttyl fonw by be :( :( :( :( i miss you so much be bye.

    ReplyDelete